Search This Blog

"This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you"

John 15:12

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Why am I PAYING IT FORWARD?

                                                source: http://agirlwithgreeneyes.blogspot.com/


Ever remember the movie where young Trevor McKinney(played by Haley Joel Osment) made a concept where in we can achieve an Utopian society when each helps  three persons but these three can't pay him back but instead has to pay it forward to another three persons and that such should be something that will truly have a big impact on that person's life.

At the present moment it seems such won't work because people seem not to care. Everyday we hear bad news from one place to another. And such has made us indifferent to our neighbor or countryman or any person. But that shouldn't be the case. It may  be impossible but if we make small steps it would make a difference.

The question now is do you want to make a difference?

                                                      source: http://langwitches.org/blog/

You have reasons why you help, why you volunteer, or chip in a donation. What is your reason? Why are you paying it forward? 

This blog post is primarily for the projects I and my friends have started and we implore your help in making it a reality. 


                                         source: http://www.chosenchildrenvillage.org/
My friend  planned a visit to Chosen Children Village Foundation(to know more click here) and we ask for your kind donations in kind or monetary value for their wish list/needs. 







                                                      source: http://encycl.opentopia.com


On the other hand Jerry Villeta, a native of Isabela, is asking for help to help the poor victims of typhoon Juan in Isabela. We have coordinated such fund drive to his friend Fr. Sam Salazar, OFM  who gave us the list needed which mostly are cooking wares but would highly appreciate it if we can give some toys and clothing for the young ones(to learn on how to donate or have an idea where we can buy cooking wares at a better price please click here).   

You can share your reasons here(by leaving your message in the comment box)if you are currently helping an organization or would like to join us in our two projects...it would be nice to hear that the world is filled with people with good hearts and is paying forward God's blessings to our less fortunate brothers and sisters .



                              source:http://www.coneinc.com



                                                  source: http://www.old-picture.com


Let me start and I hope you keep the ball rolling.

It has always been my dream to help out in building houses just as what Gawad Kalinga is doing today. I have been fortunate enough to passed my CPA Board Exam and have a work that supports my needs. I remember one time my conversations with my sister that I just wanted to have a simple life; but our life as a Delos Angeles back in our barangay where people look up to you makes me uneasy. It makes me uneasy because people think we are great clan or something but in reality we are just anyone else... that is why my desire to simplicity led me to my desire to help  those who needed help. It is unfortunate that I never had that chance thus I share my talent as a blogger to spread the word where help is needed most and whatever extra I have I share...

0 comments:

SHARE YOUR HELPING HAND

About Me

Powered by Blogger.